Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

We had Company!

So, the Poofy and Minnie Show continues....

We had company over this weekend; my niece stayed with us for 2 nights as well as my nephew.  But my niece was the most curious of all.  She had never really been around cats, and the cats had never been around a tiny munchkin child who wanted to know what they were all about!
So, to my surprise, Minnie darted out from the study, where she usually is, and ran up the staircase, right into her Bully's arms.  Poofy was waiting for her, but he did not touch her in the least.  He decided to play guard dog, and he stood in the doorways while Minnie hid under a bed, furniture, where ever... Poofy was the all knowing, alpha male protector, and Minnie was only too happy to have someone to take care of her.
Obviously, they had no idea they were running away from my niece who was even more afraid than the two of them.
Whenever she said, "MINN-NIE!!", Minnie would dart behind Poofy and wait and watch.  Poofy would Puff himself up (I really didn't think he needed any more Puffing since he is a Maine Coon and has enough Puff, hence his name, Poofy; but okay...); Poofy would puff himself up and stare down  my niece hoping to scare her away.  And, well, it worked.

So, the cats had a common enemy and decided to form a truce for the weekend.  I didn't hear a peep out of them.  But, come Sunday night, the drama continued again.  Poofy chased her down and pinned her to the ground and she yelled bloody murder, until I showed my face and they separated, apparently afraid of what I would do.

Moral of the Story to all you Cat owners out there!!

Have obnoxious loud music and have more people over.  The cats form a nice truce and they don't fight!!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment