Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fresh 4 Life

I was at the Pet Store a couple days ago.  I seem to be at the Pet Store quite often these days, since I acquired my new Kitten, Minnie.  On this particular day, I decided to go early and get my cat food, a large litter bag and maybe some treats if they were on sale, and I would head home.

And sure enough, when I entered Pet Smart by my home, I was the first one in the store at 9am sharp!  I was excited to get my shopping out of the way and get home.  A young man greeted me at the store entrance and he was very jovial and friendly.  He had a curious beard, which tapered at the very end, making his chin look like an ice cream cone.  He had a mustache as well and a thick head of hair.  Really, the only features truly visible on this man's face was his eyes.  They were smiling and flickering all at once, and it brought a smile to my face.

He followed me into the back, and asked if I needed help.  I said that I knew what I wanted, and I thanked him for asking.  He proceeded to ask me what I was buying.  So, I told him that I was looking at which Fresh Step Litter to purchase, since I now have 2 cats.  He told me that he had 2 cats too and that one of them was Maine Coon (just like me!); we tossed our stories at each other about our cats and then he asked me to think about trying another type of litter, called Fresh 4 Life.  Of course, I'm human and I am without question a creature of habit and my first reaction was to say, "No, I like my litter.  I usually get Fresh Step and I have no problem with it.".

But he did not relent.  He continued to tell me all about Fresh 4 Life and how good it was for my cat.  It has natural lemon and rosemary scents which are activated with every use of the litter box and it would give my home a nice fresh scent.  He also told me that it has maximum clumping capabilities and that the cats would not track the litter outside the box; at least they would not track it as much.

But what got me was that he said that it was cheaper.  Of course that did it for me.

Not only was it great and apparently better, but it was Cheaper!!  If any of you know me, you know how I love a bargain!!  (I know what you are thinking!! I'm cheap!!  LOL!!)

So, I bought it.  He also convinced me to try new cat food.  He handed me 6 small sample bags to try out. he said that my cats would love it because its mainly protein.  Since cats are carnivores, they need protein in their diet; unlike us, who need a balanced diet; cats primarily need protein.  How could I refuse?  He just gave me free cat food!!  He even brought the huge bag of litter to my car!  I really shouldn't be surprised.  I have wonderful people in my town.

Never the less, he was a great salesman, and I even became a member!! Go Figure!!  Any how, I did do my own reading on cat litter and cat food, and as far as I can see, he's right.  My elfin friend at the pet store won me over!

I have since changed the cats' litter and I have noticed that it smells quite nice around their litter boxes.  I am very happy with Fresh 4 Life cat litter, and I would genuinely and whole heartedly advise you to just try if for yourselves and make the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment