Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Can Cats Really Love Like Dogs Can?

Many people think that Cats are incapable of love.  In fact, one discussion I had yesterday with a friend at work revolved around the "fact" ( in her mind, and apparantly in the mind of many) that cats can suck your soul.  Their focused stare and their seeming cold nature strike many and help to form this conclusion.

But I think those that live with cats will not agree.  In fact, it is scientifically known that cats lack the lacrimal glands, and therefore do not need to blink as often as humans and dogs.  But when they know that they are being perceived as aggressive, they will make an effort to blink.  They are also very affectionate.
Poofy, my cat gets so upset when I use the bathroom every morning.  I make sure that I keep him out, and he does not like that at all.  He whimpers the entire time I am in the bathroom and he throws himself on the bathroom door in an attempt to get in.  Now, some may say that this is just an attempt at a cold calculating way of getting into the bathroom so that they can create more mischief; and I thought so too initially, but the minute I walk out of the bathroom, Poofy is right behind me, and his interest to get into the bathroom is gone.
Poofy waits for me when I get home from work.  He knows about what time I'll be home and he is always at the window where he can see my car pull in.  Then he goes by the garage door, waiting until I get into the house.  Then he whimpers and meows profusely until I pick him up and cuddle him up.  If that's not a show of affection, I don't know what is...
Sometimes, when I get home early, I'll call out to him... "Poofy! Snoofy!!"  and he runs down the stairs from the top floor and literally gallops toward me ( like a horse) and meows loudly.  Its the cutest thing to see.. To me it shows that he is so happy to see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment