Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Disciplining My Bully

Yes, I have to admit... I spoiled my boy, and he has turned into a bully!!
Who would have thought that I would have spoiled anyone?  I thought I was the most strict out of anyone... but the strictness is coming out now, since I have Minnie, my 4 month old kitten.
Poofy is a year and a half... unbelievable, really.  But he is a total and complete, solidified BULLY of all time!!
Just this morning, I had to play referee and let them at each other, like I do every day... and he ran after her, grabbed her little body and bit her on the neck!!  She screamed to high heaven, and then somehow finagled her way out of his grip, and fled behind a couch.  But Poofy was right behind her, ready to grab her all over again.
I had to pick him up by the scruff of his neck and throw him into the bathroom, where he stayed for a good half an hour.
I am struggling to train him to not bite her and go after her like she is his next meal, but he is just too rambunctious.  He is the Lord and King of the house and he will not take a pheasant coming into his home and walking over his floors and his carpet.
"They" say it will get better... the infamous THEY... for their sake, I hope so.  I can't play referee for too much longer.  Minnie has only been with us just under 2 weeks now.  Wish me luck.  Any opinions are always welcome!!

2 comments:

  1. My wife figured out the answer years ago. Bite the bully back. They don't like it and learn fast. The trick is to do it right after they do the biting. A little nibble on the ear will do, usually. And it may take 2-3 times, but they'll make the association eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! That's great! I am just getting used to having cats around... not sure if I can do that yet... but at least I know I have that option! :)

    ReplyDelete